Total Pageviews

Monday, January 9, 2012

Moon Pies.....

Did I mention I LOVE Moon Pies???  Oh yes, I think I did, didn't I?? =) Well, as promised, here is the recipe for the Moon Pie Banana Pudding I made the other day...it is heavenly!!!
I do have to make a suggestion though, I would make this a day before serving so that the Moon Pies have time to soften and accept the flavors of the other ingredients.

1 (8oz) package of cream cheese, softened
1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups milk
1 (5.1oz) box instant vanilla pudding
6 original or double decker moon pies, cut into squares or wedges
6 bananas, sliced
1 (8oz) Cool Whip thawed


Cream the cream cheese until smmoth and then ass the sweetened condensed milk and stir well.
In a seperate bowl, whisk the pudding mix and the milk until blended. Combine the two and mix well.

Cut three Moon Pies in half and then into squares for a total of 6 pieces, reserve any crumbs and store for garnish.
In the bottom of a 2 qt bowl, put approx 1 cup of the pudding mix, the 3 chopped Moon Pies and slice 3 bananas on top. Repeat layerswith 1/2 of remaining pudding mix, 3 more Moon Pies and the 3 sliced bananas. Top with remaining pudding mixture and spread evenly on top. Add the cool whip, cover and place in the fridge.

Scatter the Moon Pie crumbs on top for garnish prior to serving.

Simple and easy and oh so yummy!!!! 
Enjoy!!!!

1 comment:

  1. And of course this probably has about a bazillion calories per serving,,,,

    ReplyDelete